- High definition, high demand printer for printing secure, multi-function dual-sided cards
- Printer features: card flattener, contact smart card encoding, vivid, high-definition printing, built-in security features, air filtration system, and easy-to-use touch screen display
- Upgrade options: extended warranty plans
What's In the Box:
- HDP8500 dual-sided printer
- Card flattener
- Smart card encoder
- USB cable
- US/international power cords
- CD with printer drivers and user guide
- 3 year printer warranty with lifetime printhead coverage
Fargo HDP8500 Dual-Sided Printer with Smart Card Encoding + Flattener Details
Designed to meet the demand and security needs of large organizations, the industrial Fargo HDP8500 dual-sided printer with smart card encoding and flattener delivers reliable, high duty performance and vivid, high definition printing. The Fargo HDP8500 dual-sided card printer with smart card encoding and card flattener is loaded with unique features, including dual input hoppers, a built-in air filtration system, and enhanced card and consumable material handling. Built-in security features ensure the system is protected from unauthorized use. Plus it includes a 3-year printer warranty and a lifetime printhead warranty.
- Achieve high quality results with high definition printing
The Fargo 88552 dual-sided HDP8500 printer with iClass, Mifare and DESFire card encoding produces vivid, photographic-quality images. A traditional dye sublimation printer's ribbon and cards come in direct contact with the printhead which can affect image quality and even cause damage to your printhead if you are using cards with smart chips or embedded antennas and circuits. On the other hand, the Fargo 88552 dual-sided printer with prox and smart card encoding prints on an HDP film that is then fused to your card via heat and pressure, producing a flawless image on any surface. It's an ideal choice for technology cards. Additionally, HDP also adds durability and protection to your cards; it acts as a 'buffer' from everyday wear and tear and is highly tamper-evident.
- Protect your card printing program with built-in security features
The Fargo 88552 printer with proximity and smart card encoder offers the highest level of security available on the market. Physical locks on all access points protect the ribbon, film, and printed and unprinted cards. It uses advanced encryption standard (AES) 256 and a resin-erase feature to remove personal data on ribbon panels to protect electronic data. Plus, electronic PIN access can be required to accept print jobs.
- Get our high demand needs met
The Fargo 88552 printer is designed to meet the needs of large government entities, service bureaus, universities, and large enterprises. The printer has multi-processing capabilities to improve productivity; for example, the system can print a card while encoding a second card and laminating a third. Its heavy duty metal enclosure, powerful stepper motors, and dual input hoppers allow the printer to endure long print shifts with minimal operator intervention.
- Print in challenging environments
Non-climate controlled areas, high heat, and dust are no match for the Fargo 88552 printer. It is designed to withstand the most challenging operating environments. Card debris is removed with in-line cleaning stations, while airflow and filtration system, dust seals, and internal temperature sensors maintain optimal printing conditions within the unit.
- Create durable, secure cards
The Fargo 88552 allows you to implement a number of card security features, including UV printing, holographic retransfer film, holographic lamination, and more. It also produces durable cards due to the retransfer film. Clear and holographic lamination provides additional card durability and security, plus you can optionally use an extra durable retransfer film for greater abrasion resistance.
- Connect your printer to your network
Operate your card printing program safely and seamlessly over your network with the Fargo 88552's built-in Ethernet connectivity and internal print server. The printer is additionally fitted with USB connectivity.
- Operate and maintain the printer with ease
An industry first, the Fargo 88552's 3.2'' touch screen display provides easy-to-understand status messages and instructions.
- Card flattener
To prevent card warping, the Fargo 88552 includes a card flattener, a highly recommended feature for those using heat-sensitive PVC cards.
- Smart card encoding
Combine your photo ID application with other applications - such as access control, time and attendance, and more - with the Fargo 88552's smart card encoder.
- Extended warranty plans - Optional
ID Zone offers extended warranty plans with satisfaction-guaranteed service handled by our in-house, knowledgeable technical support team. Our extended warranty plans include support via a toll-free number or live chat, total parts replacement plus labor, and fast turn-around on printer repairs. (See Fargo HDP8500 Extended Warranty Plans)
- Card printer training - Optional
A training session with our in-house Technical Support team will get your new Fargo HDP8500 card printer up and running in no time. Your training will be tailored around your specific printer and the specific topics you would like assistance with. A typical printer training session may cover topics such as:
(Add training to your printer order in the Options tab.)
- Card printer installation assistance
- A review of the printer's user interface
- How to load the ribbon and cards
- Special printer features
- Scalable Upgrades
The flexibility of the HDP8500 allows you to upgrade your printer for added productivity and functionality at any time. Fargo 88552 optional upgrades include:
- Magnetic Stripe Encoding - as your technology needs grow, the HDP8500 allows you to add the card encoding options you need - even combining multiple card encoding options in a single printer.
- Dual-Sided Simultaneous Lamination - efficiently laminate both sides of your cards with clear or holographic lamination for additional card security and durability.
- Andon Production Status Light Module - this highly-visible printer status indicator light can be seen from across a room, for increased productivity.