- Direct-to-card system for printing single-sided cards when low to high security is needed
- Printer features: includes the supplies you need to start printing cards, same-side input/output hopper, dual hopper, password protection, and rewrite printing capability
- Upgrade options: upgradeable to duplex printing anytime, encoding, Ethernet, software and camera upgrade options, and extended warranty and loaner coverage plans
What's In the Box:
- Single-sided DTC4000 card printer
- Fargo YMCKO color ribbon - 250 images
- UltraCard PVC cards - qty 300
- Asure ID Express 7 ID card software
- Cleaning rollers - 3 pack
- USb webcam
- USB cable
- 2 year printer & printhead warranty with 1 year loaner coverage
- 1-year Asure ID Express 7 Protect technical support
Fargo 48600 DTC4000 Single-Sided ID System - DISCONTINUED Details
The Fargo 48600 DTC4000 System has been discontinued. Its replacement is the new Fargo DTC4250e System .
Please see the Supplies tab for supplies for the Fargo DTC4000 System. Please see the Support & Downloads tab for user manuals, downloads, and other support.
The Fargo DTC4000 single-sided system has the flexibility to work with you now and into the future. It creates brilliant ID badges and crisp barcodes and digital signatures for employee access cards, membership cards, and more! Its effortless all-in-one print ribbon and cleaning cartridges makes for convenient and simplified loading and maintenance. The Fargo DTC4000 single-sided card system includes everything you need to start printing cards, including a color ribbon, cards, ID software, and webcam.
Fargo DTC4000 Single-Sided Printer
- Go anywhere!
The compact design allows the Fargo DTC4000 single-sided card printer to easily accommodate any desktop.
- Operate and maintain your printer with ease
The Fargo DTC4000 single-sided printer offers an intuitive interface for ease-of-use straight from the box. The Fargo DTC4000 printer offers color-changing status buttons to help you to easily identify the status of the printer, while a convenient all-in-one print ribbon and cleaning cartridge makes maintenance a breeze. Additionally, the DTC4000 single-sided printer features a built-in erase and rewrite function to help reduce the waste of short-lived, temporary ID cards, such as visitor badges.
- Access the technology your application requires
The DTC4000 single-sided printer produces ID cards using dye-sublimation printing for vivid color and accurate images and thermal transfer printing for sharp black text and readable barcodes. It has the industry's first inline card printing and technology card encoding with one connection using the standard USB connection or optional Ethernet connectivity. Plus, the DTC4000 single-sided printer can print on 9 mil to 40 mil thick cards, allowing it to easily accommodate sophisticated access control badges and smart cards.
Customize your printer to your needs with:
- Dual-sided printing - Optional (upgrade anytime)
Please see the Fargo DTC4000 Dual-Sided ID System for duplex printing capability.
- Ethernet connectivity - Optional (upgrade anytime)
To allow for remote printer sharing by many users on a network, the Fargo DTC4000 can be equipped with Ethernet connectivity with an internal print server. (Upgrade to Ethernet in Options)
- Card encoding - Optional (upgrade anytime)
The Fargo DTC4000 offers several encoding options, including magnetic stripe, contact and contactless smart card, and proximity card encoding. You can upgrade anytime to mad stripe encoding; smart card or prox card encoding must be added at the time of printer purchase. (Upgrade to encoding within Options)
- Same-sided input/output hopper - Optional (upgrade anytime)
To fit the printer into tight workspaces, the Fargo DTC4000 can be equipped with a same-side input/output hopper. (Add this in Options)
- Dual-input card hopper - Optional (upgrade anytime)
To increase printing capacity from 100 cards to 200 cards, an optional dual-input card hopper is available. (Add a dual input hopper in Options)
- Extended warranty and printer loaner plans - Optional
ID Zone offers extended warranty plans with satisfaction-guaranteed service handled by our in-house, knowledgeable technical support team. Our extended warranty plans include support via a toll-free number or live chat, total parts replacement plus labor, and fast turn-around on printer repairs. In the event your printer needs to be sent to us for repair, our loaner plans help ensure your card printing can continue. With printer loaner coverage, we'll send you a loaner printer to use while yours is in for repair. (Select an extended warranty with or without loaner coverage in Options)
- ID card system training - Optional
A training session with our in-house Technical Support team will get your new Fargo DTC400 card system up and running in no time. Your training will be tailored around your specific printer and software, as well as the specific topics you would like assistance with. A typical system training session may cover topics such as:
(Add training to your system order in Options)
- ID card printer, software, and ID camera installation assistance
- Importing or connecting software to ID database
- Designing an ID card template
- Printing ID cards
Asure ID 7 Express Software
- Design ID cards with user-friendly software
The DTC4000 single-sided system includes Asure ID Express 7 ID card software that provides quick and simple card design and printing tools. This entry-level program touts a user-friendly interface, two-sided card design and printing, and basic built-in database functionality with Microsoft Access. (You may upgrade to your software choice within Options)
- Capture ID photos with ease
Your Fargo DTC4000 48600 system includes a USB webcam to take ID photos. It's easy to install and use. You'll have images on your ID badges in minutes! Webcam model may vary from image shown.
Color Ribbons and Cards
- Start printing immediately with included supplies
A full-color, 250 print-count YMCKO ribbon and 300 PVC cards are included with your Fargo DTC4000 48600 System, allowing you to get started right away! (You may upgrade to your choice of card within Options)